[pp.int.general] The conference - what went wrong; how can we do better?

Fedor Khod'kov fedor76 at istra.ru
Thu Apr 22 18:31:47 CEST 2010

Alexander Bock <alexander.bock at piratenpartei-bayern.de> writes:

> The way it is now the GA will simply vote on such matters. If there is
>more than one party in a country, the GA will determine which one is
>the legitimate representative. Pretty much the same way the UN chose
>the PRC over the ROC (Resolution 2758).
>
> Alex
Usually, the representative of a (democratic) country is changed when
country's government is replaced as a result of election, so UN doesn't
need to vote.  It is the most common way to change representatives.  The
dispute between PRC and ROC was impossible to settle by election, that's
why UN have to make a decision; it was extraordinary situation and it
was settled in extraordinary way.  It is not clear whether extraordinary
way of settling disputes should be normal.
--
Fedor.