[pp.int.general] The conference - what went wrong; how can we do better?

Partidul Piratilor contact at partidulpiratilor.ro
Thu Apr 22 23:23:08 CEST 2010

> From: Gregory Engels <Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de>
> Subject: Re: [pp.int.general] The conference - what went wrong; how
>        can we do better?
>

> >There are political parties on the european level.
>

> Correct, I should have said, relevant political parties
>

>  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_political_party>
> >PPI could change some of its statutes and apply for such a status when
> >we have met these criteria, but this is not yet to decide. We should
> >be represented in parliaments in at least 7 european countries, and i
> >don't see it happen for at least 2 or 3 year at the very optimistic
> >(unrealistic) forecast.

You're very optimistic, I only see maximum 4 represented in the next years.

Anyway I'm glad somebody has plans for the future of PPI :)   How about the
future of those 30...more parties that have 2-3 members? How about
strenghtening the movement before planing for world domination :)

@Rodrigo: From the Wikipedia you pointed me at: *Politics ....* It consists
of "social relations involving authority or power"
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics#cite_note-0>and refers to the
regulation of a political
unit,<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics#cite_note-1>and to the
methods and tactics used to formulate and apply policy.
Do you see PPI as a regulatory body that takes decisions, makes policies and
you apply them?

PS: I'm thinking it's about time to change the subject of the topic. We are
now in the discussion that should have been made before the conference and
answer to the question : What do we all want PPI to be?