[pp.int.general] DMCA takedown of popular CC videos

Patrick Mächler aka Valio pirate at valio.ch
Thu Aug 12 00:08:45 CEST 2010

GVU, a German anti-pirate-group asked a video portal to remove famous
Creative Commons licensed videos for alleged copyright infringement,
to which they fully complied. No explanation was added about the
request; and I highly doubt that it can be. The videos of both
creators were rather pro-pirate in their expressions (no member AFAIK
though).
For a creator of partially free content, it can be quite damaging if
you're message can't be shared by your preferred portal.
I really hope that one or both creators will decide to file lawsuits
against GVU...and if so, that CC-DE and PP-DE will support them!

source:
German http://www.golem.de/1008/77092.html
English, Google Translate http://u.nu/5hnke