[pp.int.general] DMCA takedown of popular CC videos

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 01:38:46 CEST 2010

  On 12.08.2010 00:08, Patrick Mächler aka Valio wrote:
> I really hope that one or both creators will decide to file lawsuits
> against GVU...and if so, that CC-DE and PP-DE will support them!
One already has (the creator of "Elektrischer Reporter"), as the GVU
acknowledged its error but declined to guarantee in writing that no
future actions of similar nature would happen. So they now have a nice
lawsuit for copyright infringement, which is somewhat funny for the
"Association against copyright infringements" ;)
The only thing which makes me sad is that PPDE didn't actually make its
standpoint clear, although the entire blog&twitter community did so :(

Best regards,
Boris