[pp.int.general] Pirates and election thresholds!

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at contralaguerra.org
Sun Aug 22 13:50:27 CEST 2010

As far as I know, Pirata.cat neither Partido Pirata (pirata-es) has no
official position concerning thresholds.

Under our electoral system there's no threshold, however, Ont law is
applied, so, a party with 1/3 of the votes can easily with the majority
of the parliament.

In my personal oppinion, every vote counts, so, if a party has enought
votes to get a seat, it should get it. We have 8 parties in the Spanish
parliament and we had 10 in the former election, so, well, I don't think
that the threshold would really help to turn a country more democratic,
by ignoring the willing of an important part of its population but the
opposite.

Regards,

Kenneth

Al 22/08/10 10:39, En/na Christian Hufgard ha escrit: