[pp.int.general] Against Internet censorship

Rodrigo Pereira rodrigop23 at yahoo.com.br
Sat Aug 28 20:24:24 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Brazil have a law running on national congress that proposes an obligatory identification in blogs and blogs comments and forum-related websites. The law proposes the end of anonimous content in blog and related websites. The law also proposes a obligatory moderation of comments submitted in blogs and the responsability of the blogger if they do not do moderation. This will do through identification by ID numbers (Identity number and CPF number, this last an national register like social security number in USA). And the obligatory of an identification on brazilian domain names authority registro.br that who can mantain a blog or related website.

The law proposes a penality about R$ 2000 to R$ 10000 (the minimum legal salary in Brazil is about R$ 500) for "honor criminals" that writes against a powerfull (and also rich) person with conditions to run a judiciary process.

More information on:

http://tecnologia.terra.com.br/noticias/0,,OI4587788-EI12884,00-Projeto+de+lei+anonimato+na+web+pode+penalizar+blogueiros.html

Information about the project on Brazilian chamber of deputies:

http://www.camara.gov.br/sileg/prop_detalhe.asp?id=473385

Rodrigo Pereira