[pp.int.general] Against Internet censorship

Partidul Piratilor contact at partidulpiratilor.ro
Mon Aug 30 11:20:53 CEST 2010

Dear Amelia,

Only now I remembered about EDRi, but is never to late.

The developments were as follows:

Member of Senate (uper chamber of Romanian Parliament), Ms Lia Olguta
Vasilescu announces a proposed law to cenasor "obscene" comments on blogs
and news sites. PP Romania comented only on own website and the Facebook
page. The general public opinion was one of revolt.

News sites:
http://www.realitatea.net/vasilescu-razboi-cu-postacii-injuraturile-si-obscenitatile-pe-internet-vor-fi-interzise-prin-lege_728348.html
http://www.mediafax.ro/politic/olguta-vasilescu-folosirea-obscenitatilor-pe-internet-ar-putea-fi-interzisa-de-la-sfarsitul-anului-6849969
http://www.rfi.ro/stiri/politica/Lia-Olguta-Vasilescu-nu-mai-vrea-injuraturi-pe-Internet.html

The same member of Senate, this time with another one and 4 more members of
Deputies Chamber, organise a "public consultation" with specialy elected
guests and announce a step back from a law to a Code for Conduit in
Internet, which will not be a law but will still be compulsory. PP Romania
wrote one article and an open letter, sent it to all those involved and
publish it on own website and Facebook. Others are also having the same
opinion.

News sites:
http://economie.hotnews.ro/stiri-media_publicitate-7726260-update-lia-olguta-vasilescu-psd-strangem-semnaturi-online-pentru-codul-conduita-virtual-agf-masura-tipic-comunista.htm
http://www.agerpres.ro/media/index.php/social/item/25815-Lia-Olguta-Vasilescu-PSD-Vom-strange-semnaturi-online-pentru-Codul-de-conduita-virtual.html
http://www.ziuaveche.ro/politica-interna/olguta-vasilescu-strange-semnaturi-on-line-pentru-un-cod-de-conduita-pe-internet
http://www.evz.ro/detalii/stiri/olguta-vasilescu-vrea-cod-de-conduita-in-mediul-virtual-904168.html

PP Romania reaction to the consultation:
http://partidulpiratilor.ro/2010/scrisoare-deschisa-grupului-de-initiativa-pentru-adoptarea-codului-de-conduita-in-mediul-online/

One italian pirate responded on the list and also I have received a message
from a german pirate.

Best regards,
Cristian