[pp.int.general] Fwd: Fake Canadian Pirate Party twitter

Jerry Weyer jerry.weyer at pp-international.net
Tue Aug 31 13:08:53 CEST 2010

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jake Daynes <JakeDaynes at pirateparty.ca>
Date: Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:16 AM
Subject: Fake Canadian Pirate Party twitter
To: board at pp-international.net
Cc: Directors <directors at pirateparty.ca>

Dearest Colleagues,

This email is to alert all members of PPI that a fake Canadian Pirate Party
twitter has been created by a disgruntled ex-member who was expelled from
the PPCA in accordance with our constitution and bylaws for several reasons
which were voted on at a general meeting to follow proper democratic
process.

The twitter account in question is https://twitter.com/newpirateparty

<https://twitter.com/newpirateparty>This account is now following 25
different parties under PPI, and I would advise PPI to email the directors
of all parties warning them of this, so as to put a stop to
the impostor before he causes any damage to our name.

Thank you for your time

--
Sincerely,
Jake Daynes