[pp.int.general] Support for Julian Assange and Wikileaks

gregory.engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de gregory.engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Thu Dec 2 15:17:46 CET 2010

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:17:35 +0100, Erik Lönroth
<erik.lonroth at gmail.com> wrote:

> What can we do to protect him?

Not much for now. In the middle long term, it can become one
objective of the Pirate Parties to push legislation that would
protect whistle-blowers and whistle-blowing in their respective
countries and on a international level.

The Pirate Party of Germany has passed such motion to be
included into their official party program (it is being
referred to as GP013) - PPI's translation task force is
working on translation of the new program, in the meantime
you can use the google translated text: http://piraten.in/gp013

We can be certain, that other political parties in Germany
will pick up this topic at the coming elections. (just
to take some points from pirates, in order not to loose
votes - but by doing so, fulfilling our political
objectives, that is what we are asking for)

sincerely yours,

Gregory Engels
International Coordinator
Pirate Party of Germany