[pp.int.general] Support for Julian Assange and Wikileaks

Marcus Kesler marcus at d-usa.info
Fri Dec 3 02:43:11 CET 2010

We can make this a fight about the information presented in the leaks, which is what I think Mr. Assange would prefer; or we can make this a fight about rape allegations, which is what the media and the governments wants us to talk about.

Julian knew this would happen, and I think every person on this list knew that character attacks would come and try to shift the focus away from the actual issue. It is up to the courts and Julian Assange to resolve the rape charges; it is up to us to keep the publics attention on the issue of government transparency.

Again, I don't know if he is guilty or not; and I don't really think it makes that much of a difference. I will consider him innocent unless he is convicted, but the leaks are not affected one bit by these criminal charges.

You can make this a case about his character, but thas is exactly where they want our focus to be. Or you can honor his previous statements that his role is to be the hated face of Wikileaks and the target for attacks.