[pp.int.general] Support for Julian Assange and Wikileaks

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri Dec 3 05:33:35 CET 2010

    We should consider him innocent until proven otherwise regarding the
    allegations in Sweden, and we should consider him innocent until proven
    otherwise regarding the US laws he is accused of breaking (even though
    they still haven't figured out what laws those might be).

Even if Wikileaks violates some US law, that should have no effect
on our position about it.

Many Chinese dissidents are imprisoned in China for breaking various
laws, including Nobel Prize winner Liu Xiaobo.  We do not reduce our
support for them merely because their defense of democracy and human
rights is prohibited by law in China.

--
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation