[pp.int.general] Media stupidity Re: Pirate support for Wikileaks

Jay Emerson jemers2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 19:02:36 CET 2010

Good speech, I'll do research on the media conglomerates that may be
influencing such spin at these publications and shine a light on them
through the superpowers of blog syndication.

If you know who owns that publication let me know please :-)

Jay Emerson
Administrative Officer
Pirate Party of New York
On Dec 4, 2010 12:29 PM, "Amelia Andersdotter" <teirdes at gmail.com> wrote:
> If something can be said about the current situation of Wikileaks founder
> Julian Assange it is that a Swedish newspaper, Expressen, has consistenly
> and deliberately published names and pictures of people who are not yet
> convicted, and to whom a primary investigation have not even been started.
>
> This is the third time Expressen has engaged in this conduct since 2006.
The
> difference this time is that very few paper, primarily international
media,
> has managed to criticize this behaviour which essentially leads to primary
> conviction by the populace and lynchmobs rather than a fair trial by a,
> presumably, non-partisan court.
>
> I think that especially in criminal cases this conduct is despicable and
an
> unethical exploitation of media and press freedom to bypass the legal
> system. I criticize Expressen generally though. They are a bad publication
> and anyone who supports them should be slightly ashamed.
>
> /a
>
> On 4 December 2010 18:20, Amelia Andersdotter <teirdes at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 4 December 2010 12:17, Mikulas.Ferjencik <Mikulas.Ferjencik at seznam.cz
>wrote:
>>

>>> I would like to note, that PPI is not supposed to issue Press releases,
so
>>> it is more appropriate to prepare a press release, which can separate
PPs