[pp.int.general] Assange arrested

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 14:57:26 CET 2010

On 12/8/2010 4:36 AM, Jay Emerson wrote:
> lol disagreement is fine and even healthy. However, the vitriolic
> intensity of hate towards my direction that has gotten personal,

Actually, I think that was a factor in why it was such a majority that
showed they had No Confidence in your actions or abilities. "someone
called for a vote of no confidence against me, must be Andrew" "my
private message was made public and it was a personal attack on Andrew,
errrr Andrew spoofed my nick to send the message!" There are more in
this email of yours.

> well
> that's how Andrew Norton MUST be.  New members buy his story, vote me
> out, and he gets a THIRD shot at stacking the USPP Officer deck.

That, of course, is one way of putting it. The other is that even the
other officers wanted you gone, and the final vote was 8 votes of no
confidence, 2 abstentions, and no-one supporting you. It's kind of funny
this being in a thread about assange and wikileaks, because if there's
one thing to take from that subject, it's 'you can lie in public all you
want, the truth will out eventually'.

I didn't have to say anything (I was actually watching TV during the
meeting) I let everyone ELSE do the talking, and the logs reflect that.
(the raw log will be posted here later
http://memwiki.pirate-party.us/2010-12-07)

I'm sorry you can't accept that people just don't like, or accept your
actions.

> So when the new officers show up on this email list, please don't take
> that as representative of how ALL of USPP is.
>
> Just Andrew.

Yes, the voodoo mind powers you've already talked about, where I can
convince EVERYONE else of things. Or, as it's otherwise known,
'referencing facts'. Facts, I note, you've never bothered to debate
themselves, just made out to be a 'personal attack' on you. however,
when you have members that say "abstain - I don't approve of Jay's
behavior here tonight, but don;t have enough firsthand knowledge."
Perhaps one of the telling things was that you couldn't even keep things
straight.

You said at one point (when it was pointed out that your WL mirror
violates your state party constitution) that you abandoned it, in a
public meeting completely unrecorded (aren't we against that sort of
clandestine, backroom 'no records' policy meetings?). Then, ten minutes
later, when it's pointed out you need one to be considered a state
party, you change your mind entirely (saying you voted to allow things,
despite it needing a constitutional amendment, which, for your
constitution, means it couldn't be done later than July 7th).

It's THAT which puts people off, as they can't trust you, because you
flip-flop your positions and statements to whatever you think will get
you what you want. Even if it's a "yay!" for making statements like
"calling for the burning down of federal buildings and making sure there
are people posted at the exits to make sure nobody comes out alive (made
on facebook)" (taken from the meeting log). Just ask Paul Chambers how
what seems like a (really f***ing stupid) joke, can be taken and used as
a battering ram against you
(http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/press/releases/2010/nov/11/pirate-party-condemns-twitter-joke-trial-judgement/)
and as an officer, you're supposed to be smart and KNOW this, and be
working for the party, not to build your personal popularity.

Andrew