[pp.int.general] URGENT PRESS REQUEST - Contact WL

Wesley Schwengle (Piratenpartij) bestuur at piratenpartij.nl
Thu Dec 9 15:42:30 CET 2010

On 12/09/2010 03:34 PM, Erik Lönroth wrote:
> As far as I understand, thisw contact person is Julian Assange.
>
> Considering the treatment spokesmen for this kind of services get from
> media and the alike, I wouldn't assist with that information even if I
> had it.

The press in .nl has been very very pro-Wikileaks, with two public TV
station mirroring Wikileaks. VPRO traditionally leftish and Pwned, a bit
right, but  pro Pirate Party. The weblog GeenStijl (from which Pwned
originated) published our tv/radio ads when the public channels would
not (long story short :)).

The Spits (which is from The Telegraaf which owns GeenStijl) wants to
make a piece about anonet and Wikileaks and what motivates them.
Obviously, they could read about it on the net, but being journalists,
they want to talk to someone.

Goverment officials are more anti-WL, from the right spectrum, while the
left/centrum spectrum is Pro. The discussion on WL in .nl is healthy.

Cheers,
Wesley

--
Wesley Schwengle, Piratenpartij, http://www.piratenpartij.nl