[pp.int.general] SHOCKING NEWS: Accused WikiLeaks ally is being tortured!

Radosław Nadstawny radoslaw.nadstawny at o2.pl
Fri Dec 17 02:42:06 CET 2010

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 01:51:30 +0100
Nicolas Sahlqvist <nicco77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The failure to act may result in permanent psychological damage due
> to the torture so according to my values I got to act although there
> is possible future risks as you mention. On the other hand, I tend to
> think that it would be hard for US to act in such a way considering
> the media attention of his case thanks to Wikileaks. I tend to think
> that in case they let him there for a couple of years or decades more
> when he is forgotten and perhaps unable to help in his own defense
> may actually also result in the outcome you mention.
>

> - Nicolas

I agree here. Moreover, I'd rather see a man die a quick death for
something he considers worth a sacrifice than be psychologically
destroyed to the point of not being himself anymore. In some aspects,
the latter is far more intimidating.

And yes, in case of Bradley, if he was to be executed he would likely
become a martyr in the eyes of general public, and those in power
certainly wouldn't want this.