[pp.int.general] PPI statutes task force

Daniel Mietchen daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 3 14:03:38 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Patrick Mächler
<patrick.maechler at pp-international.net> wrote:
> Why is Brussels a good place for now?
> Because that's where the important decisions for the majority of
> pirate party members are taken at the moment.
> Also a lot of other international organizations that aim for similar
> goals are based in Brussels as well, e.g. EuroISPA, EDRI, etc.
> It does not mean that PPI has to be bound to Brussels forever. It
> should be possible to move its seat. It's up to the respective members
> to decide upon this.
Another reason is that Belgian law foresees the formation of international NGOs
(Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif):
http://www.businessandlaw.be/article766.html

I have been involved in setting up a similar umbrella organization (eurodoc.net,
for associations of young researchers in europe) whose statutes are at
http://www.eurodoc.net/articles_en_1304.html . Perhaps this could be a good
starting point for drafting PPI statutes.

Daniel

--
http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Benutzer:Daniel_Mietchen