[pp.int.general] More information about the Pirate conference 2010?

W Tovey will.tovey at pp-international.net
Wed Feb 17 02:00:50 CET 2010

Hello,

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay; the issues you raised
are ones we don't quite yet have a solution to.

At the moment the website is set to automatically block new users
meaning that they have to be manually unblocked by one of the site
admins - I assume this was done to prevent spam; there are about 9 pages
of blocked users since the most recent active one (either that or it was
original envisaged that only a few people would have/need accounts on
the site). Back when there wasn't much content on the website and it was
just a staging area this wasn't a problem, but clearly it isn't working
now. I was hoping to discuss the possible solutions with the rest of the
Coreteam so we could get back to you quickly, unfortunately no decision
has been reached. If nothing else comes from this thread, I will start
trialling the various options to see what happens. For now, if you can
let me know what user name you registered under (and approximately when)
I will hunt through the list and unblock you (the same applies to anyone
else).

In terms of information on the conference, most of the information we
have is either in the original post (here:
http://www.pp-international.net/node/464 ) or in the main discussion we
had in the Coreteam meeting 18/01/10 (minutes here;
http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Coreteam_Minutes_2010-01-18 , see 4.2,
4.3). The best thing to do to get further details or if you have more
questions would probably be to email the conference taskforce directly
at conf-tf at pp-international.net . Anyone interested in helping out with
the conference should also be encouraged to make themselves known there.

Again, I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this; if
you have further questions or need help with anything else, do not
hesitate to contact one or more of us.

-Will
Chief Administrative Officer, PPI