[pp.int.general] About PP Russia

Fedor Khod'kov fedor76 at istra.ru
Thu Feb 18 16:09:42 CET 2010

Gregory Engels <Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de> writes:

> I have translated the given article to give it more context
>
> "Law enforcement agencies suspects the "greens" in use of unlicensed
> software.
>
> In light of what happend, the Pirate Party of Russia is call to every
> public organization to be more exigent about the software that they
> install on their computers.
> There is a rise on cases of accusation of copyright infringement
> on civil rights activists organizations,  We are all crave to live in
> an constitutional state and that inflicts that however silly or unwise
> some laws are, we are obliged to perform them and use only
> legal means to change them.  We categorically oppose the curent
> habit of the use of law enforcement agencies and legislation on
> copyright
> in order to put pressure on citizen, cilvil and commercial
> organizations.
> We are ready to give out software that is entitled to free use capable
> to replace most comercial products to any organization. The Pirate Party
> of Russia has the opinion that any public organization or citizen should
> be given the right of non-comercial use on any objects of intellectual
> property free of charge for non commercial aims. "

Thanks.

> In the light of the whole article the two out-of context sentences
> that were cited previously became more sensible to me.

This article comments the situation when people was falsely accused of
wrongdoing.  Making advices to be "more exigent about the software" and
to respect the law is absolutely inappropriate in such context.  And it
was party's deliberate choise not to raise question of abusive nature of
copyright law itself -- i.e. party didn't "call for legal means to
change the current situation".