[pp.int.general] About PP Russia

Gregory Engels Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Thu Feb 18 15:40:48 CET 2010

On 18.02.2010, at 13:53, Fedor Khod'kov wrote:

> n 31th January, PPR website published their "official reaction" to the
> attack against Baikal defenders (http://pirateparty.ru/home/?p=294,
> Russian).  PPR not only failed to expose anti-human nature of
> copyright
> law, they were too shy even to support Irkutsk activists, saying
>
>     <...> Pirate Party of Russia calls all non-government
> organizations
>     to be more serious with software installed on their computers.

I have translated the given article to give it more context

"Law enforcement agencies suspects the "greens" in use of unlicensed
software.

In light of what happend, the Pirate Party of Russia is call to every
public organization to be more exigent about the software that they
install on their computers.
There is a rise on cases of accusation of copyright infringement
on civil rights activists organizations,  We are all crave to live in
an constitutional state and that inflicts that however silly or unwise
some laws are, we are obliged to perform them and use only
legal means to change them.  We categorically oppose the curent
habit of the use of law enforcement agencies and legislation on
copyright
in order to put pressure on citizen, cilvil and commercial
organizations.
We are ready to give out software that is entitled to free use capable
to replace most comercial products to any organization. The Pirate Party
of Russia has the opinion that any public organization or citizen should
be given the right of non-comercial use on any objects of intellectual
property free of charge for non commercial aims. "

In the light of the whole article the two out-of context sentences
that were cited previously became more sensible to me.

And frankly, if you are not agree, that a party should call for legal
means to change the curent situation, than you are basically call
for revolution and perhaps civic disorder and anarchism. I would
say, that this should not be in a "toolbox" of any political party.

Gregory