[pp.int.general] International public relations initial drafting process,

Jerry Weyer weyerjerry at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 13:17:18 CET 2010

Hello,

One reason (in my opinion) of the success of the german Pirate Party in the
recent exlections was because people saw that ordinary people were doing
politics, that they spoke out of persuation and not to get the most votes. I
really liked the interviews I saw where the party leaders were dressed in
T-Shirts and Jeans and one could concentrate on what they were saying rather
on trying to understand their lawyer/politics slang.

I agree that a Pirate Bay T-Shirt is probably not optimal, but criticizing
someone for wearing a T-Shirt is not really what the Pirate Party is about!

Also in Europe people like it when you try to speak their language. It shows
respect and good will. So if your interviewer speaks English you try to
speak as clearly as possible and some mistakes are forgiven rather than
criticized.

Jerry Weyer
PP-Lu