[pp.int.general] privacy at customs on airports

Thomas Burke mrthomasjburke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:57:46 CET 2010

It is a very shocking and disturbing development. I dont know how
volatile the explosives given to the last person were or what level of
explosion would have occurred. Such things are a bit too worrying to
think about. If they had gone off would we have received the same
halfhearted "oh did we do a bad thing?" response?

2010/1/6 Nicolas Sahlqvist <nicco77 at gmail.com>:
> This is outrageous! How can a countries police force put there own citizens
> unwillingly into harms way? I found more articles on the story:
> http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/ireland/probe-continues-into-slovak-explosives-incident-440883.html
> http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/ireland/slovakia-apologises-for-explosives-find-440834.html
> http://government.zdnet.com/?p=6728
> The Slovak government has to do a lot more then apologise and express
> "profound regret" over the incident. I am very interested in how this
> unfolds why I CC'd the Slovak PP for any feedback they may have on this
> story.
>
> - Nicolas
>   PPI / PPSE member
>
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Eduardo Robles Elvira <edulix at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On a related note, yesterday I went to sleep just after reading the
>> following shocking piece of news:
>>
>> http://news.slashdot.org/story/10/01/05/2319256/Slovak-Police-Planted-Explosives-On-Air-Travelers
>>
>> "Slovakian Police have planted explosives on 8 unsuspecting air
>> travelers. Seven were stopped by airport security, including one man
>> arrested and held upon arriving at a Dublin airport. Unbelievably, one
>> innocent traveler made it home with 90 grams of explosives, and had
>> his flat surrounded by the police and bomb squad."
>>
>> I mean, how can they do such a thing with a straight face? They could
>> have died. A coat was enough for Jean Charles de Menezes to be shot
>> seven times in the head. And yet the reports into the shooting of an
>> innocent men found no members of the police guilty and security
>> measures in the UK have continued to become more invasive. These
>> people on the other hand were carrying explosives in an airport!
>>
>> Testing of security systems? It sounds more like state terrorism to
>> me. If the goverment want to do a test of airport security systems
>> then fine but use someone who has agreed to do it. I hope those in
>> charge of this operation go to jail.
>>
>> Regards,
>>    Eduardo Robles Elvira (member of PIRATA, Spain)
>>
>> PD: Any Pirate Party in Slovenia?

which it is addressed and may contain confidential and or privileged
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.