[pp.int.general] US Party Update

Ryan Martin ryan.martin at pirate-party.us
Thu Jan 7 03:34:51 CET 2010

It's been a few weeks!  I decided to take 2 off for vacation, more or less.
 The end of December seemed like a fine time to do it, but I guess not.
After a long journey to New Orleans to celebrate New Years I managed to hurt
my laptop, and it is now in HP support limbo and should arrive any day.  I
haven't got a chance to read logs or email yet, but I am looking forward to
it.  I will probably object with something or another, but in anticipation
of the vote of no confidence going through I have started giving access
controls to Brad.  This will take a few days, but we will get there.  I am
pretty sure that the vote was not legal, nor met the requirements in our
charter and was passed by a vocal minority who have been trying to pass the
measure constantly for weeks.  If my role as administrator is no longer
tenable that is fine and I look foward to a smooth and hitch free
transition.

I look forward to working with our international body to ensure that
everything is actually on the up and up.  We have had multiple international
observers for this 'issue' over the last weeks, and I still desperately
request that we have one to assist.

No matter what happens I want nothing more than an administration committee
of some kind.  The many tasks set forth for us now are too complicated and
too time intensive for any one or two people.  The charter we are currently
using as our guideline implies that a lot more people are working than there
are today, but there has been a DRAMATIC rise in communication asking to
volunteer recently and I have nothing but faith in our ability to get
through this.  I am not planning any kind of schizm of course and look
forward to continue being a valuable and active volunteer.

I have over 450 emails to read, and I'm on a borrowed laptop in a coffee
shop.  ETA for my machine is today/tomorrow so I look forward to checking
off a lot of the obvious todo items then.  I look forward to working with
you all again soon, and happy new year!

Ryan Martin

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 5:27 AM, Valentin Villenave <v.villenave at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Andrew Norton <ktetch at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There's been some changes at the US party over the last few days, and I
> > wanted to keep you updated. As you may have seen from our wikipedia
> > page, or read in the PPI IRC channel yesterday, we have a change of
> > leadership.
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> looks like the situation in the US is (nearly) as complicated as some
> stuff we had here... Anyway, I'm glad to see that things seem to
> evolve (and it's even better to see that you're still around here). I
> hope you guys will sort this out in January, and I hope you'll manage
> to avoid any kind of ostracism toward members or former members;
> although I'm not sure I've understood the whole situation with Ryan, I
> can tell you that yesterday's antagonisms may become tomorrow's
> partnerships (and the other way around).
>
> Anyway, nice to hear from you and the PPUS. A happy new year to you guys!
>
> Cheers,
> Valentin

Ryan Martin
Administrator