[pp.int.general] PPI statutes task force

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Wed Jan 27 23:46:44 CET 2010

Christian Hufgard wrote:
> Steffen Ortmann wrote:
>> PPI will probably never be able to communicate with every pirate
>> individually.
>
> I do not mean communication but voting. There is no need for the
> abstraction of voting delegates! I cannot explain somebody on the
> street, that the EU is not democratically legitimized while our PPI uses
> the same way of constitution.

I think the idea is that before voting for or against something, one needs
a text to vote on. The PPI has no way to enforce a text. All they can do is
to make it consensual. After the meeting, either all pirate parties are
satisfied by the result, or they leave the PPI. This text is not a danger
for the national pirate parties, who can always exist by themselves, but
for the PPI itself.