[pp.int.general] The EU to enforce digital privacy againt facebook/linkedIn/etc.?

Sven Clement sven.clement at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 09:21:52 CET 2010

Knowing Reding this is much more of a populist statement than a real
promise, never forget that she is member of the European People Party which
is more of a surveillance party than a party respecting your rights.
Furthermore is she member of the luxembourgish CSV whose "ministre de
l'intérieur" installed cameras and who when asked if he did the evaluation
requested by the law denied and said: "Because security is a fundamental
right, we do not need to justify it!"

So what do you really expect from her?

Still we have to welcome her approaches to regulate the telco market in
Europe where she was responsible for major reductions in roaming costs!

Sven Clement
Chairman, Pirateparty Luxembourg