[pp.int.general] Partial deputy election in France.

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Mon Jul 5 03:28:32 CEST 2010

Le 05/07/10 02:37, Rackham a écrit :
> The result they achieved even with the difficulties for the printed ballot papers to be in time in the 66 town halls is :

Just a little more about that : we had not enough money to buy
everything (ballot papers, leaflets, posters…) so we only took the
ballot papers, like the previous time. (In France you get refund but
only if you make 5% or more, and our Party has not yet received any
public funding to support a big loss, so we run on personal funding… for
the second time in less than a few monthes.)

The printing society made a mistake with its delivery man, resulting in
a slight delay that… got everything refused. As a result, nobody
received mention of our candidature by mail, and the other half of our
ballot papers were not delivered to the polls… We could manage to fix
only the second part, by delivering directly to the 66 mayors of the
area. But some people who could have been interested in voting pirate
probably did not even come to the polls as they ignored we were present…

Anyway, this is not a bad result, considering all the problems we had.
Our big challenge now is to get enough funds and members to handle a
real election campaign next time, with ballots and leaflets by mail,
posters in front of the poll buildings, etc…

Maxime Rouquet