[pp.int.general] Bolivia could get out of the Berna Convention

Partido Pirata Argentino ppirataargentino at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 19:52:35 CEST 2010

I send an e-mail to Juan Carlos Cordero who was in CopySouth and he tell me:

Obviously, a waiver by the Bolivian government of Berne motivate
non-compliance penalties would start by the World Trade Organization,
WTO (WTO) thus affecting the business relationship of our country with
others.

However, as happened with the nationalization of hydrocarbons, we are
confident that we will find a solution that allows us to not restrict
access to human needs (health, knowledge, culture).

Contradictions currently proposed by the New Political Constitution of
the State towards the international policies of protection to
intellectual property create the opportunity to rewrite the laws of
copyrights and surely the patents and trademarks.

______

But he said that the idea to get out to Berne Convention isn´t a
general idea in bolivian government.

Eduardo.