[pp.int.general] ACTA declaration

Edison Carter the.real.edison.carter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:34:36 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Boris Turovskiy <tourovski at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09.07.2010 10:19, Maxime Rouquet wrote:
>>
>> A car is an object. If you drive your car, nobody else can. It is your
>> property. You are free to share it with people or to keep it for yourself,
>> but if you let someone else drive it, you cannot use it in the meantime.
>>
>> A song is not physical. You can sing it while a thousand people sing it at
>> the same time. You can easily make a digital copy of a music without
>> stealing anything from the people who have the original. You may have rights
>> on your song, but property is a nonsense.
>
> Guys, I don't have either time or will to explain to every single one of you
> what non-scarcety is and why it is not the only notion of property and what
> notions of property exist and WHAT THE FUCK WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!
>
> So, Maxime, Fyodor, and how the f--k you are called, please, try to lift the
> level of the discussion from the kindergarten idea which seems to be
> flourishing among both friend and opponent.
> Read some books. Try some Googling.
> This level of discussion made me despair in the Pirate movement once. Don't
> make me despair the second time, for I'm rather dedicated to that movement
> now, and you bullshitting us will have severe problems.
>
> Read some books. Try some Google. Don't fuck around before you can answer
> the top 10 of your "critical" questions yourself. Don't use the Force, Luke,
> use the brain.
>
> Best,
> B.

I don't think you actually belong in the pirate party. "Intellectual
Property" is a misnomer, and attaching the word "property" to things
that are NOT property doesn't make them become property. It simple
clouds the issue and causes people to have silly, confused ideas about
the difference between a 'property rights' and a state-granted power
to interfere with the freedom of other people.