[pp.int.general] "Intellectual property"

I.K. aeroclub.ep at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 13:11:19 CEST 2010

Hey guys,
I agree that it is very sad to see so much anger over an issue as simple as
that, and I also urge you to restrain.

Now, on the topic. I also find it ridiculous to see so much effort being put
into debating the appicability of some term...Because this is just some
wording, dammit! I mean, what matters is the nature of phenomena we are
talking about and what do we want to do with it - not a term we use to
describe it.
Look, saying that "intellectual property" is a wrong term because it has
nothing to do with "property" is as ridiculous as saying that a "guinea pig"
is a wrong term because these creatures have nothing to do with pigs! Well,
of course guinea pigs have nothing to do with pigs: that's why we call them
GUINEA pigs - to differentiate from pigs. And of course intellectual
property has nothing to do with property in conventional understanding of
this term: but that why we call it INTELLECTUAL property - to differentiate
it from just property!

Cheers,
Ilya.