[pp.int.general] Patrick Mächler steps down - Jerry Weyer Steps up!

PP International info at pp-international.net
Tue Mar 2 18:30:33 CET 2010

Before the Viena conference in 2007, PPI was nothing but a mailinglist. Andrew
Norton (United States) was appointed as coordinator of the PPI collective in
September 2008. He had to step down in August 2009 due to the high workload
and resulting health issues.

He passed the function over to the "coreteam" which since then lead
Pirate Parties
International. Patrick Mächler & Samir Allioui lead this team of
hard-working pirate volunteers as co-presidents. So far, at lot of success
has been booked.

What happened since we founded the coreteam?
1. We kept the infrastructure of PPI intact and expanded it
2. We officially founded PPI in Brussels
3. We registered a bank account for PPI
4. We are in the process of establishing a more democratic PPI
5. We have set up several taskforces
6. We have improved the communication between several parties
7. We introduced more than a dozen new pirate parties to the world
8. We provided moral support and proof of international support during
elections
9. We distributed infrastructure facilities to new pirate parties
10. We represented PPI at several events
11. We managed to establish an open book management
12. We have laid down the foundation for a strong corporate identity every
Pirate can identify with
13. We shared and distributed information to and from NGOs
14. We're in the process of stabilising the IT infrastructure
15. We answered thousands of inquiries and requests, by parties and
individuals
etc. etc. etc.

Yesterday however, Patrick Mächler stepped down as PPI interim Co-President in
favour of Jerry Weyer who was elected, unanimously, by the Coreteam.

Jerry Weyer is co-founder and Vice-President of the Pirate Party of
Luxembourg. "I joined the PPI Coreteam because it's only by working together
on an international level that the Pirate movement can advance. My
short-term goal is to help organizing the PPI conference and lay down a
foundation for a more democratic PPI. If I get the opportunity to continue
my work after the conference, my long-term goal is to make of the PPI the
umbrella organisation for every Pirate-related association, capable of
providing help and guidance for its members from the creation process to
national elections. I will invest a lot of time and effort into increasing
the international cooperation between Pirate parties and I am confident that
my background in European law and the fact that I speak four languages will
help intensify the relations between national parties and the PPI. I want to
thank Patrick for his enthusiastic work and I am looking forward to be part
of a motivated team with the aim of spreading the Pirate agenda all over the
world." Jerry will be the PPI interim Co-President until the PPI conference
in April.

In preparation for the conference our taskforces still need motivated
Pirates.
The statutes taskforce is dealing with drafting a set of statutes for PPI
that will be voted on at the conference. If you are interested in helping
out, please drop a mail to statutes-tf (at)
pp-international.net<statutes-tf at pp-international.net>or join the
group at
mypirates.net.
The conference taskforce is responsible for setting up and running the
conference. It is in charge of all administrative and infrastructural tasks
concerning the conference. If you are interested in helping out, please drop
a mail to conf-tf (at)  pp-international.net <conf-tf at pp-international.net>.

The entire coreteam is very grateful to Patrick for his dedicated work and
wishes him good luck in his future endeavours!

Jerry and Samir.

***********

The PPI Presidents can be contacted via
co-presidents at pp-international.netor respectively at
Jerry.Weyer at pp-international.net and Samir.Allioui at pp-international.net.

The PPI coreteam meetings take place every Monday evening and are open for
everyone to participate. The PPI coreteam agenda accepts items from all
pirates, just mail us at coreteam at pp-international.net if you want something
to be discussed at the meeting.

The coreteam meetings take place on Internet Relay Chat. To attend you might
use:

Web: Try mibbit.com or an altenative of your choice.
Mac OSX, Windows & Linux: Try xchat.org

Server :  irc.piratpartiet.se
Channel: #ppi-coreteam

Meeting minutes are published weekly on the PPI wiki. Due to the high
workload of the coreteam, the minutes can sometimes be published with a
slight delay, but you can help us out on lowering the workload:
http://int.piratenpartei.de/

You might also consider a financial donation to support PPI:
http://int.piratenpartei.de/Coreteam#Bank_account