[pp.int.general] Stop please (was does enyone knows this guy? probably FB scum!! (Marco Confalonieri))

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 13:42:54 CET 2010

Hi everybody,
please calm down a bit - that's really not the topic we should be
arguing and splitting over.
As I see it, the problem is that we have one common PPI mailing list
while its aims are understood differently by different people. Some
consider it a sort of "general chatroom" that allows for communication
with pirates from other countries (including the occasional flamewar or
off-topic thread), others consider it a discussion area for politically
relevant topics, still others would be perfectly happy if the list only
contained announcements on upcoming events/meetings. Obviously, if you
belong to the first group, the reaction to complaints about the list
being flooded is "just skip the thread", while those in the third group
perceive such a reaction as lack of respect for their time. It may make
sense to split the ML at least in two parts - one for an almost
unmoderated general discussion and one strictly for announcements (like
upcoming events, petitions, election results and press releases).
However it should also be clear that no mailing list rules (and no other
communication form, for that matter) will be 100% ideally suited for
everyone - so a certain readiness for compromise should be present in
any case.

Best regards,
Boris