[pp.int.general] About the laws we Pirates fight against

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at contralaguerra.org
Wed Mar 17 04:51:50 CET 2010

Hi Andrew,

    By the way.... Copyright-watch refers to the laws themselves, we
need a brief on the laws, not the complete law, or we will require 100
lawyers full-time to make the briefs any pirate knows from its own
country :-(

We just need so! A short explanation to what every law makes to you and
a link to it to double check. Example:

Italy:

    With law 62, passed in 2001 the law that regulates the press
    (47/1948) is applied to online newspapers too. However the notion of
    what constitues an online newspaper is quite discretionary. Using
    this law the blog of a journalist (Carlo Ruta) which spoke against
    mafia was shut down by a sentence (which is currently under
    appeal).(Motivations for the sentence in italian:
    http://www.minotti.net/2008/08/31/carlo-ruta-i-motivi-della-sentenza/
    ) (link, pls?)(
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/26/italian_law_kills_blog/ )

    In every Internet Café you have to register the user with a personal
    ID Card for anti-terrorism laws. (missing law)

So, something you know about your country and which would take us up to
6000 hours to realize about every other country by reading their laws.....

Cheers!

Kenneth

En/na Kenneth Peiruza ha escrit: