[pp.int.general] Fwd: Brazil: Executive Order Authorizes the Suspension of Intellectual Property Rights in Brazil

Nicolas Sahlqvist nicco77 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 07:34:00 CET 2010

FYI: Interesting news..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Partido Pirata Argentino <ppirataargentino at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:12 PM
Subject: Brazil: Executive Order Authorizes the Suspension of Intellectual
Property Rights in Brazil
To: acta-tf at pp-international.net

Brazil is going to suspense somes Intellectual Property Rights, here
are more information:

*http://www.agenciabrasil.gov.br/?q=node/1846*

(is an brazilian oficial page, .gov.br)

"The WTO also authorized Brazil to prepare a list of retaliation in
intellectual property (worth a little more than $200 million). Because
of this ruling by the WTO Brazil may use trademarks and copyrights
without permission, as part of its retaliations against the US.
According to the Ministry of Development, the list of so-called
cross-retaliation intellectual property items - such as copyrighted
and patented goods and services, will be presented on March 23, by the
seven ministers who are members of the Foreign Trade Chamber (Camex).
After that, the list will be discussd in public hearings."

Is an interesting case in Latinoamerica , we can know how much we pay
to USA in Intellectual Property Rights, is a lot fo money!!!, and the
ACTA is over here...

 Eduardo.

The WTO autorized Brasil to suspense that rights.