[pp.int.general] International Pirate Day

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at contralaguerra.org
Tue May 4 01:46:39 CEST 2010

Hi all,

23rd of April is Saint George's day
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George). It is also the day that
both William Shakespeare and Miguel de Cervantes died (23 or April of 1616).

Just to get the background of UN's book day:

That day, in Catalan tradition, women gave books to their sweetheart and
man gave roses (symbolizing the dragon's blood that St. George killed),
however, nowadays women get a book and a rose and men get only a book ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_George's_Day#Catalonia

In favor of 23rd of April, we have that it is a holiday in many
countries and cities, from Brazil to Russia, even for the Boy Scouts!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patronages_of_Saint_George

Dunno what do I prefer... Gutenberg for all world and to make a bit of
justice or St. George for my own land and comfort despite being a
Christian figure.

--------

So, Bogomil, what's next? Remember to update your wiki and add Turing
and Gutenberg ;)

Best,

Kenneth

En/na Richard Stallman ha escrit: