[pp.int.general] International Pirate Day

Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov bogo at piratskapartia.bg
Tue May 4 07:53:22 CEST 2010

Ok. We all agree for April 23th. Cool!

I already get the domain name and please join the WG to make it happen.

Bogo

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:46 AM, Kenneth Peiruza
<kenneth at contralaguerra.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 23rd of April is Saint George's day
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George). It is also the day that
> both William Shakespeare and Miguel de Cervantes died (23 or April of
> 1616).
>
> Just to get the background of UN's book day:
>
> That day, in Catalan tradition, women gave books to their sweetheart and
> man gave roses (symbolizing the dragon's blood that St. George killed),
> however, nowadays women get a book and a rose and men get only a book ;)
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_George's_Day#Catalonia<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_George%27s_Day#Catalonia>
>

> In favor of 23rd of April, we have that it is a holiday in many
> countries and cities, from Brazil to Russia, even for the Boy Scouts!
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patronages_of_Saint_George
>
> Dunno what do I prefer... Gutenberg for all world and to make a bit of
> justice or St. George for my own land and comfort despite being a
> Christian figure.
>
> --------
>
> So, Bogomil, what's next? Remember to update your wiki and add Turing
> and Gutenberg ;)
>

> Best,
>
> Kenneth
>
> En/na Richard Stallman ha escrit:
> > It might be good to put this on April 23, the same day as UNESCO's
> > "Book and copyright day", and make it "book and sharing day".

Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov
Pirate Party Bulgaria
http://piratskapartia.bg

Blogger, FOSS and Mozilla advocate, Digital Rights Warrior.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/bogomep
Blog: http://mozgull.bogomil.info
CV: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bogomil
GPG: 0x03CCF750