[pp.int.general] Why Free Software misses the point

Felipe Sanches juca at members.fsf.org
Thu May 13 01:30:37 CEST 2010

* I am one of the (several) developers of Inkscape, a vector graphics free
software tool;
* I was at a conference and met a nice guy who draws comics using Inkscape;
* He is not a programmer;
* He wanted a feature;
* I knew how to do it,
* 2 days later the feature was incorporated into Inkscape.

How much time would he have to wait for it if he had emailed Corel or Adobe?

Results:
* He is a happy non-coder user with a practical issue solved
* I am a coder happy about being helpful to others

This is a true story. You can see screenshots of the feature and his
blogpost about it (in brazilian portuguese) here:
http://nerdson.com/blog/connection-closed/

Happy hacking,
Felipe Sanches