[pp.int.general] Why Free Software misses the point

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Thu May 13 15:38:11 CEST 2010

On 13.05.2010 01:30, Felipe Sanches wrote:
> How much time would he have to wait for it if he had emailed Corel or
> Adobe?
>
> Results:
> * He is a happy non-coder user with a practical issue solved
> * I am a coder happy about being helpful to others
What you write about is a _practical_ advantage of OpenSource/Free
software. I don't argue that there are practical advantages, I really
enjoy them.
What I'm rallying against is the FSF's view that it's not the practical
advantages but the philosophical ones that matter - and that is simple
bullshit.

Best regards,
Boris