[pp.int.general] Why Free Software misses the point

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Thu May 13 21:27:24 CEST 2010

On 13.05.2010 21:18, Felipe Sanches wrote:

> why do you think that has motivated me to become a free software
> developer at all? Yes, Mr Stallman articles!
> I showed you a practical advantage, but my motivations are strongly
> philosophical.
But it's the practical advantage that interests the user, not the
philosophical bullshit.

> And, please, don't say that our strong commitment (it's been almost 3
> decades of hard work...) to user autonomy and our struggle to unlock
> creativity is bullshit!
Like many other idealists you struggle for someone other's needs which
you define in a way that suits you. The user wants functionality, not
"autonomy" in the way you state it.

> What are your personal goals?
My goal (for the matter at hand) is for the Pirates Parties not to
become the political arm of Mr. Stallman's obscure philosophical ideas.