[pp.int.general] Why Free Software misses the point

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Fri May 14 00:29:20 CEST 2010

Hi Boris,

I have to admit I had problems reading your critique of FSF. But this
discussion helps me to understand your viewpoint a little better. For
example, I understand that your main problem is with the philosophy of
the FSF, and that you do not mind the practical advantages arising from
such a philosophy.

Boris Turovskiy skrev:
> The Pirate movement couldn't achieve the successes it has if we had
> been as depreciating of people's needs as the FSF's policy implies.

Now you lost me again. The policy of FSF is to ensure people four basic
freedoms. How can ensuring people's freedoms be depreciating of people's
needs?

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.