[pp.int.general] Why Free Software misses the point

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri May 14 23:04:05 CEST 2010

There is good evidence of malicious features in Windows:
spyware, back doors, and digital handcuffs.

If your claim is that users can put an end to this by suing Microsoft,
I am skeptical, since it has not been done.

But I am not a lawyer.  If you can present a statement from a lawyer
supporting your contention, that might be convincing.

The next question I hope the lawyer will address is how much this
would cost, and generally, whether this approach is feasible in
practice.