[pp.int.general] The Piratebay

Aleksandar Blagojevic piratska.partija.srbije at gmail.com
Tue May 18 17:11:54 CEST 2010

Hello Andrew,

What about braking the law intentionally in order to wake up the law
regulators?! That is common practice in US I guess(?).

So, defending yourself on court could be a epic win if you just "show" the
real pirate statistics? But I know, you will be buried by the giant lawyer
hired by the big company. This situation always makes me to think about flaws
in US legal systems... -> more money u have more justice u can buy...

and not to flame but to conclude:
In my humble opinion the idea is to mobilize people to make "digital but civil
disobedience acts". At least I am doing it in Serbia. And I do it in every
country I visit and call everyone to do the same!!!

and yes, US democracy works selectively...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 4:44:32 PM, you wrote:

Andrew> Hash: SHA1

Andrew> On 5/18/2010 10:31 AM, quemener.yves at free.fr wrote:
>> The legalization of non-commercial filesharing is a common reclamation of so many pirate parties...
>> Which of them do not endorse this ?

Andrew> Ah, were it so simple.

Andrew> In the Us, for instance, political parties can not condone or endorse
Andrew> the breaking of laws. They can say "This law needs to be changed", but
Andrew> thats all. It makes things a legal grey area, especially with TPB (who
Andrew> under US law is (probably - IANAL!) a strong case for vicarious
Andrew> infringement at least.

Andrew> At least its not as confusing as say the pot issue, where it's legal for
Andrew> medical purposes in some states, but flat out illegal federally.

Andrew> US Election/campaign stuff is really messed up though. Thats why, 3.5
Andrew> years after the party was formed, there's still paperwork in process.

Andrew> The US is actually pretty undemocratic when it comes to democracy...

Andrew> Andrew

>> ----- "Jerry Weyer" <jerry.weyer at pp-international.net> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I just want to note, that not every Pirate Party might want to be
>>> associated with The Pirate Bay! I don't have any concrete example, but
>>> we should not suppose that every Pirate Party wants to see its logo on
>>> the Pirate Bay.
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Jerry
>>>

>>> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Aleksandar Blagojevic <
>>> piratska.partija.srbije at gmail.com > wrote:
>>>

>>> I think we should prioritize electoral races!
>>>

>>> Hello Wesley,
>>>
>>> Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 4:13:50 PM, you wrote:

>>> Wesley> I think the ones with elections have a priority. But be my
>>> guest to put
>>> Wesley> a localized PP banner for every country. Fine with me :)
>>>

>>> Wesley> Cheers,
>>> Wesley> Wesley
>>> Wesley> ____________________________________________________
>>>
>>> Wesley> Pirate Parties International - General Talk
>>> Wesley> pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net
>>> Wesley>
>>> http://lists.pirateweb.net/mailman/listinfo/pp.international.general
>>>

>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Aleksandar Blagojevic
>>> Leader of Serbian Pirate Party and board member of PPI
>>> http://piratskapartija.com

>>> Weyer Jerry
>>> PPI Co-Chairman

Andrew> Pirate Parties International - General Talk
Andrew> pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net