[pp.int.general] Invitation to the pirate camp in Vallorbe

Moira Brülisauer moira.bruelisauer at pirates-without-borders.org
Tue May 25 22:18:49 CEST 2010

Ahoy Pirates!

Communication and social networking are very important nowadays.
Collaboration and exchange between countries are a question of
substance for an international movement like the Pirate Party.

On account of this, we decided to organise an informal Pirate Camp
this summer to allow members of the national Pirate Parties to
establish new and strengthen old ties with one another.

Herewith you're cordially invited to join the camp.

Organisational:

As location of the camp the commune

1337 Vallorbe

in canton Waadt in Switzerland has been chosen. Vallorbe is not only
seat of the Pirate Party Switzerland, but thanks to a TGV station also
an easily reachable village with many places of interest.

The meeting will be held on the weekend before AdACTAday, on

25th to 27th of June 2010

We intend to set up our tents on the camping site near Vallorbe.
Of course one can check in to a hostel if camping doesn't suit one well.
The reservation of the camping site will be made by us, those willing
to stay in a hotel are requested to take care of reservations by
themselves.

To keep you entertained, we have selected a number of acitivities and
sights all over and around Vallorbe. You will be able to visit, among
others, various museums, the famous Vallorbe caves, or the local
wildlife centre. Have a look at the detailed description of various
sightseeing opportunities at:

http://wiki.piratenpartei.ch/wiki/Piratencamp2010/Aktivitäten/en
Additionally, we are hosting political talks and workshops to learn
from each other and strengthen our common positions on pressing
political issues.

Some activities depend heavily on the weather and the interest of
participants, so the schedule is set up very flexible.
A roughly estimated schedule is available under
http://wiki.piratenpartei.ch/wiki/Piratencamp2010/Programm/en

All costs have to be borne by the respective participants. Please take
the following with you

1) A tent if you intend to sleep at the camping site. If you can
imagine to share a tent with someone, there is a wiki page you should
have a look at. If you intend to spend the night in a hostel or hotel
be sure to organize your stay in time.

2) Everything you need to survive. Clothing, sleeping bag, washing
stuff, toothbrush. We recommend to bring a swimsuit and towels as
well.

3) Food: Around Vallorbe are many places for BBQ and there are many
restaurants. You can go shopping in stores, but remember that opening
hours are limited during the weekend.

4) Money: You should bring along enough money for a weekend. This
means: Money for food (if you don't bring along your own food), money
for several activities (entry fees, etc.) and money for your
accommodation. You don't have to pay anything in advance. More
information can be found at
http://wiki.piratenpartei.ch/wiki/Piratencamp2010/Finanzen/en

5) Spare time equipment:
If you have a badminton game, frisbee or ball you are welcome to bring
them along.
Technical toys are also allowed but remember that no official network
will be provided (mobile service available [GPRS to HDSPA]) and power
connectors for outdoor use are required.
Organisators are not liable for personal property brought along.

If you want to enter the event you can apply here right now. Write an
Email to camp2010 at piratenpartei.ch, the following informations are
required:

1) Name, Firstname
2) emailadresse
3) Planned type of  accommodation (tent, hostel, motel, ...)?
4) Planned length of  stay, from when to when?
5) I would like to participate on following acitvities:
http://wiki.piratenpartei.ch/wiki/Piratencamp2010/Aktivit%C3%A4ten/en
6) optional: Which political topics would interest you
7) Getting there by train or car?

We are looking forward to seeing many participants and are sure that
we will have a interesting, funny and nice weekend.

Best greetings,

The Organisators.

--
Piraten ohne Grenzen