[pp.int.general] Fwd: about pirateparty.eu

Peter Reineke preineke at gmx.com
Sun May 30 18:42:53 CEST 2010

Hi

> I find every time I get the opportunity to talk to other European
> pirates, I am a little wiser on the problems facing each member state
> and how the EU affects them.

Apart from the question what should happen with that domain, I have had
the idea of forming some kind of hub for pirates interested in European
politics.
The concept is having some exchange between everyone who wants to know
1.) what is going on in the parliament, the commission etc. 2.) how to
get to this information and 3.) what the national standpoints to EU wide
issues are (not to discuss them, but to inform other pirates).
This also could help to interconnect pirates from Europe to work on
supranational issues.
E.g., There are German pirates with a lot of experience addressing
censorship laws, while French
pirates maybe more focused on three-strikes-regulations. Bringing groups
with different levels of experience together might benefit everyone.

What the hub should aim to do:
- make the big EU beaurocracies transparent to pirate parties.
- help connecting pirates in different national parties working on the
same EU issues

What the hub should NOT aim to do:
- discuss and solve these issues (there are way too many)
- establish any official structure for EU pirates (this is a complete
different issue, and meta-politics should be kept elsewhere)
- speak in the name of other pirates or pirate parties (the hub should
connect pirates to pirates, not speak to the public)

Which technology is best for this, may still to be evaluated (I guess a
ML + wiki for steady information would do it).
Myself being from .de, I'd like to hear if there are pirates from other
countries wanting to contribute to this.

Cheers,
Peter