[pp.int.general] Court Decision - Equitable Remuneration

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Nov 1 12:53:20 CET 2010

    Perhaps, if flat rate replace copyright monopoly, probably is more useful
    use the money to support cultural programs in general than copyright
    industry. If copyright run together this new tax, I don't know a reason to
    support this tax.

The idea is that one new law would legalize file sharing (including on
the Internet) and establish this new tax.

     So, I think is priority in Brazil, first,
    the decriminalization of copyright infringement, not impose a new tax to
    people.

The idea is that the new tax makes possible the decriminalization (and
legalization) of sharing copies.  Thus, sharing would no longer be
infringement.

--
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation