[pp.int.general] Court Decision - Equitable Remuneration

Rodrigo Pereira rodrigo2kpereira at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:52:17 CET 2010

2010/11/1 Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org>

>    Perhaps, if flat rate replace copyright monopoly, probably is more
> useful
>    use the money to support cultural programs in general than copyright
>    industry. If copyright run together this new tax, I don't know a reason
>    support this tax.
>
> The idea is that one new law would legalize file sharing (including on
> the Internet) and establish this new tax.
>
>     So, I think is priority in Brazil, first,
>    the decriminalization of copyright infringement, not impose a new tax to
>    people.
>
> The idea is that the new tax makes possible the decriminalization (and
> legalization) of sharing copies.  Thus, sharing would no longer be
> infringement.
>
> So, need to remove Berne Convention:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention_for_the_Protection_of_Literary_and_Artistic_Works

I had a hope in CUBA, unfortunately they signed...

I have a belief that filesharing legalized do not hurts culture, in
contrary, so isn't necessary a new tax to balance the "lack of culture
development". For example, many speeches of industry is that filesharing is
killing culture or piracy is killing music or home cooking is killing
restaurant industry... This is not true. And I would no longer feed
this bankrupt
industry.