[pp.int.general] Court Decision - Equitable Remuneration

kenneth at contralaguerra.org kenneth at contralaguerra.org
Mon Nov 1 15:19:25 CET 2010

Hi all,

Personally, I am not favorable to the introduction of a
flat-rate tax, in fact, I am against most indirect taxes.

The spanish
law allows people to share any cultural good without being a crime, whilst
there's no trading on it. In short, p2p is not illegal.

On the other
hand, we have SGAE border-left: #1010ff 2px solid; margin-left: 5px; width:
100%;">

 2010/11/1 Richard Stallman
   Perhaps, if flat rate replace
copyright monopoly, probably is more useful
 use the money to support
cultural programs in general than copyright
 industry. If copyright run
together this new tax, I don't know a reason to
 support this tax.

 The
idea is that one new law would legalize file sharing (including on
 the
Internet) and establish this new tax.

 So, I think is priority in Brazil,
first,
 the decriminalization of copyright infringement, not impose a new
tax to
 people.

 The idea is that the new tax makes possible the
decriminalization (and
 legalization) of sharing copies. Thus, sharing
would no longer be
 infringement.
    So, need to remove Berne Convention:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention_for_the_Protection_of_Literary_and_Artistic_Works
[2]

I had a hope in CUBA, unfortunately they signed...

I have a belief
that filesharing legalized do not hurts culture, in contrary, so isn't
necessary a new tax to balance the "lack of culture development". For
example, many speeches of industry is that filesharing is killing culture
or piracy is killing music or home cooking is killing restaurant
industry... This is not true. And I would no longer feed this bankrupt
industry.

Links:
------
[1] mailto:rms at gnu.org