[pp.int.general] USA pirates?

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 06:03:24 CET 2010

On 11/2/2010 7:29 PM, Rodrigo Pereira wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Brazilian TV covers legislative election in the USA. USPP participate in
> this elections? Have candidates? What about the results? Anyone have
> news about the USPP in legislative elections in the USA?

We did not run any of our own (ballot access laws are SO hard to achieve!)

We did endorse some candidates, but the only one for which the results
are fully in, was Tennessee's 5th district. The Libertarian candidate we
endorsed about a year ago, Stephen Collings, came third, with 0.33% of
the vote (567 votes)

In Oregon at present, the Pacific Green candidate we endorsed (and whose
campaign manager is also head of the state pirate party) is fourth of 4
candidates in the US House's 3rd district there, getting 1.95%, or 2,932
votes AT PRESENT. however, as I write this, only 106 or the 198 precints
have reported in. However, it's looking like a solid Democrat win there
(70%), with the Libertarian party coming second, beating the Republicans
(15 and 13% repsectively)

We'll have more information later, as polls only closed 3 hours ago in
Oregon, and the west coast, while it's 1am here in Georgia.

When we have the final counts in the morning, we'll release a statement.

Andrew Norton
Legal Office
US Pirate Party