[pp.int.general] USA pirates?

Marcus Kesler marcus at d-usa.info
Wed Nov 3 15:27:52 CET 2010

None of the candidates endorses by the Pirate Party of Oklahoma (which
is a member of the USPP) won their respective races. But we had some
good results, especially considering that Independents have never done
well in Oklahoma.

    * Angelia O'Dell, US Representative, District 1: 23.19%
    * Clark Duffe, US Representative, District 5: 1.75%
    * Zachary Knight, State Representative, District 46: 19.7%
    * Edward Shadid, State Representative, District 85: 10.53%

Marcus Kesler
Administrator
Pirate Party of Oklahoma

On 11/3/2010 12:03 AM, Andrew Norton wrote:
> On 11/2/2010 7:29 PM, Rodrigo Pereira wrote:
>> Hi!
>
>> Brazilian TV covers legislative election in the USA. USPP participate in
>> this elections? Have candidates? What about the results? Anyone have
>> news about the USPP in legislative elections in the USA?
>
> We did not run any of our own (ballot access laws are SO hard to achieve!)
>
> We did endorse some candidates, but the only one for which the results
> are fully in, was Tennessee's 5th district. The Libertarian candidate we
> endorsed about a year ago, Stephen Collings, came third, with 0.33% of
> the vote (567 votes)
>
> In Oregon at present, the Pacific Green candidate we endorsed (and whose
> campaign manager is also head of the state pirate party) is fourth of 4
> candidates in the US House's 3rd district there, getting 1.95%, or 2,932
> votes AT PRESENT. however, as I write this, only 106 or the 198 precints
> have reported in. However, it's looking like a solid Democrat win there
> (70%), with the Libertarian party coming second, beating the Republicans
> (15 and 13% repsectively)
>
> We'll have more information later, as polls only closed 3 hours ago in
> Oregon, and the west coast, while it's 1am here in Georgia.
>
> When we have the final counts in the morning, we'll release a statement.
>
> Andrew Norton
> Legal Office
> US Pirate Party
>

>> Best regards,
>
>> Rodrigo Pereira
>> Brazil

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net