[pp.int.general] PPi ask Anonymous to stop Payback

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 21:38:35 CET 2010

On 11/20/2010 3:13 PM, Partidul Piratilor wrote:
> First: We protest against the subject line:  it was PP US and PP UK who
> wrote the letter.

Choms is quite clearly an O:P member. As the rest of his email's have
shown, he's not really one for facts.

> Second: Romanian PP does not endorse the way things were said in the
> letter. The Operation was already fading and the new dispute only serves
> the interests of MPAA and the likes.

Well, yes. We did write the letter fairly and without mass accusation.
The way certain members of it have responded does give the sense of an
agent provocateur involved with O:P. While the new 'dispute' may play to
the MPAA and their ilk, it currently has not done so to anything like
the degree the original O:P did.

> It's interesting to see if any link exists between the FBI investigation
> and the fact that some pirates got suddenly on the side of the law?

We in the US have always been on the side of the law. Now, wanting some
laws changed, that's different from breaking those laws. That way
anarchy lies, and anarchy serves no-one.

>It's
> interesting to see how there are laws you respect (computer crime) and
> laws you don't (copyright). Any criteria on choosing them?

Actually, we respect *ALL* laws (it's a requirement for a political
party in the US, if it isn't in Romania, great, you're operating in a
much nicer, easier system than we are. The likes of Sanziana Buruiana
wouldn't even get started here, except in maybe one or two states that
have sane ballot access laws). There are some laws we want changed
though. However, the computer crimes one isn't one of them, as it's
written pretty fairly, and does deal with a problem.