[pp.int.general] PPi ask Anonymous to stop Payback

Mikulas.Ferjencik Mikulas.Ferjencik at seznam.cz
Sun Nov 21 11:37:45 CET 2010

I take Chom's side in the debate.

Firstly, I believe that the O-P was a PR success. I understand it might be different in the US and in Britain, However RIAA and MPAA equivalents are hugely unpopular in Europe, so hurting them is almost always good press.

Secondly O-P boosted morale of the regular pirate supporters. The corporations we are fighting against seem to be omnipotent and when a bunch of script kiddies (I mean no disrespect) takes their site down it naturally make pirates happy.

Lastly, I believe that diplomacy and manners both have their place in politics. If PPUS honestly wanted to contribute to ceasing the O-P they would word their letter differently.

If it was just an act of distancing themselves from the so called illegal activities, fair enough, however I strongly disagree with the claim that "O-P methods do more harm than good to the global effort" As long as it remains a popular movement I do not have any problem with its methods. Obviously it would be different if for example the PPI organised it, but I did not notice anyone connecting Pirate parties and O-P.

regards

Mikulas Ferjencik, vice president of the Czech Pirate Party