[pp.int.general] PPi ask Anonymous to stop Payback

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at contralaguerra.org
Mon Nov 22 15:03:49 CET 2010

IMHO, what Anonymous did is neither illegal nor immoral. At least where
I am.

As explained before, it is the net-equivalent to a street protest.
Remember that street protests were illegal, immoral, forbidden and
prosecuted for centuries. Nowadays everyone allows them on "the free
world", and they are still prosecuted in dictatorial regimes. It took
more than a century to achieve this right, don't start splitting it
between the net and outside it.

I expected Pirate Parties to fight for right-equivalence inside and
outside the net, but this discussion shows how some pirates believe in
apartheid between these two words.

We are fighting because we have less freedom on the net than outside it,
then, are we against strikes? Are we against our right to strike? are we
accepting the lobby's crafted vocabulary?

Remember what do the companies say about the protesters: they damage the
economy, they don't let the people to go to work and so on: bullshit,
it's a worker's right. Destroying stuff is a different thing, that is a
sabotage, and sabotage should be illegal.

A netstrike is not a sabotage, it's a strike, as when it ends,
everything keeps running as expected, so:

1) it is not an attack: this is just using their words, crafted to make
us look like criminals. This is as mislead as talking about Intellectual
Property, when debating about Copyright, trademarks or Patents.
2) it is not illegal here (and it shouldn't be illegal to reload a
website, we should fight for this right worldwide)
3) shouldn't be forbidden if it is announced and it's not forever, as a
strike.
4) moral values are bullshit, as they differ from culture to culture and
from time to time. It wasn't morally unacceptable to kill your child in
the Roman empire, neither IS unlawful to kill a traitor in a war,
neither killing a white guy who had sex with a non-white in the British
colonies 200 years ago, so, moralists stay at home, please, as moral
expires and law is made by the lobbies.
5) Traditional strikes do also cause a Denial of Service, and nobody
says it is a DoS, people names it Strike.

Regards,

Kenneth

Al 22/11/10 09:50, En/na Justus Römeth ha escrit: